Most of these rules are pretty much common sense and general good behavior on internet but I suppose it would still be good to read them. These rules were made simply because we want this forum to be a better place for everyone.
1. Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
3. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. is not allowed. This includes nudity and excessive profanity. We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate community standards. Ulop.net team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
4. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
5. Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members. If you have any product or services, use our ?adz/buy and sell? section.
6. Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed. You will not post any copyrighted material, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by these Forums.
7. Do not post personal information of other people. We'd like to respect everyone's privacy here, so that it's up to yourself how much information you are willing to reveal about you. So don't go posting other people's addresses, real names, email addresses, IM contact details, or any other personal information without the person's permissions. (Use PMs if you have to)
8. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice and we also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules. Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
9. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth
Other miscellaneous rules:
1.Avoid double post and similar thread. Use forum search to see if your topic was already posted or a similar topic was being discussed. Use that topic if you have more queries.
2.Do not make offensive or misleading nicknames. Those will get you banned quickly here.
3.No impersonating other people, especially Admin and other staff.
4.Do not abuse our bandwidth.
5.Use URL tag to link between pages and other sites. This will help our forum to maintain a clean layout.
Ex: Unified Lanshop Owners of the Philippines
It will be best if the pictures we post around the board would follow a maximum width of 500 pixels and height of 500 pixels. Maximum file size of 200KB (the lower the better). This is to help the pages load faster, and to see the pages better (large pictures tend to ruin the layout) If ever there is a need to post a picture larger than the suggested size, it would be better to post a link, by using "url" instead of "img" tags. Or if available use thumbnails.